So, Let me start by saying that I have absolutely no idea about Social Media. I started by having a Facebook account for a couple of years, then discovered other social networks and this went out of control with the typical “look a new thing, I must have that too”.
At this point I have accounts in:
- Research Gate
- This Blog
- G+ (let’s be serious, we all have one, even if we never use it)
- A corner in the lab website (I swear, this place is fun)
And now what? This is obviously a mess. No connection between them, no idea what I’m doing and no way to link them. To sort this out I did what I do best: Ask for help.
There are four people who knowingly or not gave me tons of advises on how to deal with this:
- My social media expert: Pekeprieto
- My visual media expert: Diana
- A blogging role model: Caroli
- The social media guru: Gaby Castellanos
So, since this is getting long already, this is the collective knowledge that I got so far, and that I plan to use to fix my mess:
- Think on your media image, and start publishing like that. Stop the randomness
- Publish clean, direct and pretty. No one likes to get lost
- Your media image has to be part of your real one, do not fake who you are
- Connect your profiles, but choose one to be the main one. It’s easier to maintain
- Keep working, you need to feed your readers, don’t be lazy (this one is really hard)
And above everything, LINK! Give information, cite sources and GIVE CREDIT!
I’ll start working on my social profiles, I’ll publish when I manage to clean this mess
Till the next rant!